Wednesday, August 19, 2009

SATAN’S TOOL: Discouragement!


{Proverbs 15:23} A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it! We read parables in the Bible that were used to make a point. Let us use a contemporary or modern parable that has been written about the apparatus and tools of the enemy, our adversary, Satan himself, that I believe we can really learn from. Here is the parable: "Some time ago, an advertisement appeared in which the devil was putting all his tools up for sale. On the day of public inspection, each one of his tools was marked with its selling price: Hatred, Envy, Jealousy, Doubt, Lying, Pride, and so on, were each on the selling block to be sold. But set apart, on the other hand, from all the rest of the heap, was a harmless-looking implement, well-worn, but priced very high -- it was discouragement! Someone asked the devil, 'why is that one priced so high?' He replied, 'Ah, that one is more useful to me than all the rest. With it I can pry open a man's heart and enter, when I cannot get near him with any other tools. Once inside, I can lead him any way I choose. The tool is very worn because I use it on almost everyone, since few people know it belongs to me." Our adversary loves to sow discouragement. What is discouragement? It is depression despair, disappointment, discomfiture, dismay, downheartedness, hopelessness, loss of confidence, low spirits, melancholy, pessimism, sadness, the blues, but as believers we have a tool much more powerful than what Satan has. It is called encouragement! We have the support and backup of our Lord Jesus Christ and our brothers and sisters in the Lord. We can speak a word into the lives of those who desperately need to hear it: to the man or women who has lost their job and cannot find one; to the man and his wife who are about to lose their home to foreclosure; to the disillusioned , to the newly saved; to the forgotten servants of God who labor in an obscure, not well known, and often a difficult ministry; to the orphans and the widows; to all those who need to hear a word in due season! We have the power in our lips to revive and encourage a discouraged soul. Let's encourage one another with words of encouragement! It costs nothing, and reaps an eternal reward. We are facing hard times not only with the economy, but with a federal government that has turned their back on God and His Son, but, also in many other areas of our daily life. I'm reminded in God's Word that we are to encourage one another.
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful
that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is;
but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
{Hebrews 10:23,24,25}
Even though the devil has come against me and my kids {By the way he has unload both barrels} I'm not going to be discouraged about these earthly things. My eyes is on Jesus and I know that he watches over me. I want to encourage each and everyone who reads this that God is in control and He will not forsake you. We must encourage each other with these words and urge the brethren strongly to keep the faith, because we can all see the day approaching and we are so close to the Lord's coming. Don't let Satan use his tool of discouragement on you, but be encouraged as I am. I'm looking for that city who's maker is God, were there will be not more heartaches, no more hunger, no more wars. I believe with all my heart that day is near. God Bless All.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank you Bill for writing this. I have been feeling discouraged for weeks now. It has been heavy on my shoulders.
One thing I told God, was that I was not getting off the road to Him, no matter what I do wrong.

I thank God for his Grace and Forgiveness.

I think as Christians, we are too hard on ourselves and forget we are not perfect, and to continue to Seek the Kingdom of Heaven Humbly.

Thank you Again,
Your Sister in Christ.

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...