Saturday, May 5, 2018

SLOWER STEPS: SOARING FAITH

Image result for eagle clipart

                               I watched steps that were strong and steady
And hands always firm and for work ready
Begin to tremble and falter as old age caused them to grow weak
And to do ordinary everyday things: help he had to seek.
But as dad’s hands and feet slowed before my eyes,
I saw his inner man begin to rise.
His faith began to soar on eagle wing
He constantly praised God for everything
Upon his face a peace so serene
I was seeing my dad like before I had never seen
I saw close up a man of God now walking his last mile
Such site, through my tears, brought a smile
He told me one day, I’m waiting for “a call”
You see, to the very end, Jesus was Dad’s all in all
Looking back a Bible verse comes to mind
In what a great comfort I find
“Though the outward man perish,
Yet the inward man is renewed day by day”
This was true for my dad until the day:
He, like on eagle wings flew away.
{Scripture Reference: 11 Corinthians 4:16}

Phil Patchett
Pastor

No comments:

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...