Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bitter and Sweet Water Do Not Flow From The Same Fountain!

During the past few years, since I have retired and have just work part time, I have spent a great deal of my time reading Gods Word, blogging and being a Face Book Junky. I have come across a lot of different people, good and decent people and some of them amaze me. Some of the ones that amaze me the most are the ones that are called Christians! The ones who are called by His Holy name and say that they are His followers, but yet are they!

When you say you are a follower of Jesus The Christ and do not do as He says and teaches then what are you? I have said all that to say this: When ever I post a scripture on Face Book or a religious article on my Brush Arbor Manna web page people will say good things or send me nice messages or emails. But if I say something about Obama then some just do not like it and they will leave a nasty comment or unfriend me because I spoke the truth.

The truth is, bitter and sweet water do not come from the same fountain. If you are called by our Lord’s name (claiming to be a Christian) and say that you are a follower of Him then you must abide by His teachings and that is all of them and not just some of his teachings, as many do today! That is not to say everybody has to be perfect, because I fall short in that category, but I strive to be what Our Lord would want me to be. You must try your best to follow the Lord’s Teachings and strive to be what He would have you to be.

You can not come out of a church and worship service where the anointing is and then go into a voting both the next day and vote for a man that goes against just about everything Christianity stands for, but that is exactly what a lot of people did. They voted for a man (Obama) that has:

[1] Said the Bible is out dated and in a video  has made fun of it, when we know that the Scripture tell us : forever His word is settled in Heaven and the Word is a lamp unto our feet!
[2] Said that there is no better sound than when the Muslims are called to prayer. We as Christians are told that we are to have no other gods before us.
[3] Cancelled the national day of prayer and yet has allowed thousands of Muslims to pray, to their god on the lawn of the White House.
[4] Told the Muslim world that this nation is no longer a Christian nation. Those words are documented for the public to search out and see!
[5] Just about turned his back on Israel.  Even to the point that the leader of Israel was ushered into the White House by a back door while all Muslims are brought in the front door. That is also documented.

The list could go on and on, even with things that his wife has said, but I do not want to do this because I do not want some people to think that I hate the man because I do not! There was a lot of past presidents that I did not entirely agree with, but never have I seen a president like this.

When Jimmy Carter was president I thought for a while that we would be eating peanuts for the rest of out lives and peddling bicycles the rest of our lives and here we are again. I did not vote for Carter because of his skin color, but for what he stood for and where he would take our country. It is the same way with Obama. I did not vote for him because of his skin color, but for what he stood for and what he still stands for. But to some I am called a racist because of my views, and that has never, ever been the case with me.

A case in point is Allen West. He is not the same skin color that I am but what a man. He speaks the truth, hides nothing. and I would most certainly vote for him if he ever run for president.  This country is at a cross roads. Which way do you want it to go? We are near the end of time as we know it and yet nothing changes with some of the people that say they are followers of Christ.


1 comment:

JT said...

Great Post. Times are changing. You are right. We need to support our leaders and pray for them. God Bless you.

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...