Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Positive NoteThis Christmas

What a wonderful thought I have been thinking! It was at the Cross where I first saw the light and the burdens of my heart rolled away. I've have learned since then that no matter what happens in our life, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and we must put our trust in Christ, the Author and Finisher of our faith because with Him it will be better tomorrow for I know that He holds tomorrow and the day after that for all eternity. I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three small things: For example, a rainy day. Do you complain about the rain or look for the rainbow? We could cry and complain about the rain or else we could think of the latter rain. Oh Lord send down that latter rain. We need that latter rain Lord! More than anything else this country and the world needs the latter rain. So when it rains I hope it pours all over this land! Let’s have a revival! Another example is lost luggage, do you worry more about lost luggage than a sinners lost soul. We must never forget our soul is more important than luggage. It was bought with a price that we can never repay! Our soul and our sanctification both have been bought by the shed blood of our Lord. He paid the price. The last example is tangled Christmas tree lights. Oh what a tangled web we weave. Remember as you straighten the Christmas Tree lights out that Jesus is the light of the world and he will straighten your tangled life out if you will only call on Him. He will mold you and make you if you will only let Him. He is the potter and we are the clay. My eyes are on Jesus for He is the light of the world! I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. So the best thing to do is honor them while they are here. I will never be so thankful that I had a Godly mother and father who walked in the way and showed me the way. My father’s preaching {and he is still preaching at 82 years of age} and my mother’s singing of those old gospel songs will never leave me until I met her again, “ABOVE THE BRIGHT BLUE” I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life."I've learned that life gives you a second chance if you call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back. In other words do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I've learned that if you pursue happiness, without Christ, happiness will elude you. But if you focus your life on Jesus, on your family, your friends, the needs of others, your work and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you. Oh to be happy in Jesus! When I think of the goodness of Jesus my soul cries out, “HALLELUAH” I've learned that whenever I seek Jesus with an open heart, I always make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone and let them see Christ in your life. People love that human touch, holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. How much greater is it when Jesus touches your life? I've found out that I still have a lot to learn. People will forget what you said; people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel...... And I will never forget how the Lord made me feel when he stretched out his nail scared hands and said, “Come unto me” Touching Jesus is all that matters. Oh let me touch Him so that others may know and be Blessed!

No comments:

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...