Sunday, June 19, 2011

What is there not to like about my Dad?

My dad was always a provider for our family. My family always had a place to live. food to eat, and guidance as we needed it. He was a kind of dad that did as he said and not a dad that was, do as I say and not as I do. He not only sent my brothers and sisters to church, he went with us! He saw that we went Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, Wednesday nights, to pray meetings in different homes, and to the camp meetings in the Summer.   He has been a minister of the Gospel for over fifty years and at 84 years old he still stands behind the Scared Desk and brings forth God's Word under the Anointing! His days are alway one of witnessing for the Lord, visiting nursing homes and telling the world about the Blessed Hope of our Savior. He still visits the sick with words of encouragement and hope. Remarkable for a 84 year old man!

Before he became a pastor he was in the bus ministry for the Church of God in Federalsburg and he went out into the highways, the back streets and into homes most people would not go and would not give up until the bus was packed every Sunday. He would not give up. His reasoning for all this is was: In the end only what you do for Christ will last"

But I will always remember him for this: He has never compromised the standard that is set forth in the word of God. He has never allowed false doctrine to take hold or even come into the church. He will speak out (always in love) and  in a heart beat against false doctines and how the world has come into the church. He has always said that the church must preach a well rounded Gospel, in love, because a preacher is not giving his flock the whole truth other wise.  In my opinion, he is one of the last of a line of preachers across our nation and around the world that still holds the banner high!

I try my best as the oldest child in our family to fill his shoes but I fall short. It is through him that I came to know Jesus as my personal Savior. It is because of his fatherly leadership that my whole family is saved and serves the Lord. What is not for me to love about my dad?

No comments:

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...