Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Will Of God For The Christian

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. ( Romans 12:1,2)

So many people (including me) have so many times wondered what is God's perfect will for their lives. I recently came across this article that I think answers the question for all of us. It is short and to the point and I would like to share it with you. We could keep adding to this, but I think John Wesley for the most part has it right.

John Wesley was a Godly man who seemed to be quite confident that He was already walking in the perfect will of God! A woman once asked John Wesley what he would do if he knew that he would die at midnight the next day. "Why, Madam," he replied, "just as I intend to spend it now. I would preach this evening at Gloucester, and again at five tomorrow morning, after that I would ride to Tewkesbury, preach in the afternoon, and meet the societies in the evening. I would then go to Martin's house...talk and pray with the family as usual, retire myself to my room at 10 o'clock, commend myself to my Heavenly Father, lay down to rest, and wake up in glory."

We all (Just like John Wesley) need to work on offering our bodies as Living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God and no longer con-forming to the pattern and the makeup of this world, but we should be transformed (changed) by the renewing of our minds. Before anything else, this is God's will for our lives! The Word of God says, we will be able to test and approve what His good pleasing and perfect will for our lives is!

Each of us should offer our bodies, minds and hearts once again to the Lord and let all of us commit ourselves to one hundred percent and wholeheartedly to God's perfect plan that He has for our lives.

No comments:

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...