Sunday, April 13, 2014

One Day At A Time Sweet Jesus

As I was lying in my hospital bed, after having a heart attack, I started to take stock in myself, what was happening to me, and what direction I was headed to in this life. Sometimes we as Christians must take stock in our lives and see where we are at in our daily walk. We must put God in control and not ourselves.

The most important thing I had face up to in my spiritual life is thanking God for this day and rejoicing in the fact that God has given me another day to live for Him and Do His blessed will. We all have human frailties. I do, you do, and so does everyone else. I have come to realize after my last hospital and being coded (dying three times) I or no one else on this earth has a guarantee that tomorrow will ever come. Emotionally, however, because I’m human I have fears and anxieties that arise within me and I am tempted to look for tomorrow to be a better day. Relief will come tomorrow. But does it? Our only help comes from the Lord who made the heavens and earth. We are sustained by the Lord.

I have come to the conclusion when I think that help comes tomorrow I am yielding to an unhealthy way spiritually speaking. When a person fails to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and they forfeit the peace they have in Christ and the joy that always comes from abiding in Christ one day at a time. As Christians we cannot rightly think that tomorrow or the next day will take care of our needs. Only Jesus Christ can satisfy our needs for He is the one whole holds our hand and knows the future for we know who holds our hand.

When I turn everything over to God at the beginning of everyday, immersing myself in God’s love I have the strength to enjoy the day because the Lord’s love is hidden in my heart. He gives me strength. Only a Christian can understand that. Every day is a new opportunity to experience fullness of life, to draw ourselves closer to our maker and the one who cares for us. We must fix our eyes not on what we can see, but what we cannot see what we cannot see. For what we see is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Cor. 4:18) When we look past our visible circumstances, we See God's Eternal Kingdom for we know who holds tomorrow.

No comments:

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...