Thursday, August 22, 2013

Rightly Dividing The Word Of God

Read MeFor the most of my life I have read and studied God’s Word. It has always been in my soul and a light that guided my path down through the years That includes most of the major versions of the Bible. KJV, NKJV, NIV,ESV, HCBV, The Amplified Bible, NASB, The Old American Standard, and some others, with my favorite being the KJV. I have read many respectable commentaries on the Bible. I said all that not because I want to make people to think that I’m a know it all or to brag on my accomplishments because like everyone else on this earth I will have to stand at the feet of my savior and give an account to my Lord.

I said all the above to say this, Lately I have heard and have seen so many things being said and promoted about the Christian Religion that are just not right in my opinion. I have listened to people who are supposed to be in the know say things that are just not right. What they are doing is trying to rewrite history, for their purposes, by saying such things (and then trying to prove them) Jesus was married, Eve was Adam's second wife, Jesus had children by his wife. Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. All this was on one of those history channels on TV at one time or the other. They go in circles to prove their point. But, for me if it does not come from the Word of God (The Holy Bible) it is not right.

Nowhere in God’s word can any of the above mentioned things be proven and also in some good commentaries of God’s Word you will see that these things are not mentioned or even suggested. WHY? Because all these things are false. So why are these things being said?

The Lord had a purpose on this earth and that was to rescue the perishing, care for the dying, to be a light to a lost and dying world. What the above statements on some of those history channels are trying to do is to put Jesus in a different light, to take away his purpose while he was on this earth by making Him out to be an ordinary person which is not so. He might have been born or a human mother but He was God. His entire purpose on this earth was to save lost souls and to give His life as the supreme sacrifice so man might be saved.

No comments:

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...