Monday, September 26, 2011

The Coming Famine!


      Though the fig tree may not blossom, 
      Nor fruit be on the vines; 
      Though the labor of the olive may fail, 
      And the fields yield no food; 
      Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, 
      And there be no herd in the stalls— 
       Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, 
      I will joy in the God of my salvation. 
       The LORD God is my strength; 
      He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
     And He will make me walk on my high hills.
      (Habakkuk 3: 17-19)

As I road down the street in the small town I live close to I noticed at one of the churches there was a long line of people waiting to get in. I thought what is going on because it is not a night that this church had a service and it was also to early. Then I saw what was happening! People were coming out of the church with bags of groceries. It reminded me of old movies that I seen on TV about the great depression. In the area that I grew up in people were standing in line for food! In America people were standing in line for food! Not in some other country, but in America!  Never has this happen before in my memory. 
I was telling my dad about what I saw. He is 86 years old and still preaching the Gospel of our Lord. These were his words to me and they kind of hung on me.I have lived a long life and seen a lot. I have lived through the great depression, I have seen good times and bad times, but look out for what is coming. In the great depression people knew how to take care of their self. They knew how to kill a chicken and dress it out, they knew how to keep warm, they knew how to mend clothes and shoes, they knew how to grow a garden and can food. They knew what to do with leftover food. Now we live in a throw away world. If it does not come from McDonald’s , the super market, or Wal Mart the people are lost. They do not know what to do.“ Most of the people, in this country, have turned their back on God and if they do not repent destruction will come. This, my son, is the state that our country is in! Everyday at 86 years of age, he still goes out to the malls and streets and passes out tracts and witnesses to a lost and dying world. 
As I sat and thought about what he said I knew that he was right. The people in this country are lost. Most of the people are without God or His Son.  They have turned their back on the Lord.  We have gone from a nation that believed in God and His Word to a heathen nation that knows not God. The minds of our government  leaders, as well as most of our church leaders have become seared.  We arrest people for killing whales, but unborn babies, kill them if you want. Homosexuals parade our streets, have special rights, stand behind our pulpits, get married in our churches, and now they want their own Bible. One that will not cry out against their sin.
We have people sitting in our churches that claim to be saved and from what, they know not! They think if they go to church, hear about God’s love, give money, eat the chicken dinners made by the church, take communion, and be a good person then everything is okay. I’m here to tell you that love will cover a multitude of sin, but you got to know what sin is. You never hear that anymore. Give me that old time religion! It was good enough for my mother and father and it is good enough for me.  It is time for America and the luke warm Christian to wake up!
The Lord God puts food on my table and shoes on my feet. He has given me the ability to earn a good living, enjoy a good life, have my own little acre, and he has given me 65 years of life. He has protected me from many evils, and brought me through many battles. My eyes is on Jesus, my soon coming King. He is my protector, comforter, and keeper. I’m standing on that solid rock. My eye is not on any government leader or their promises.
Sad to say most Christians are not. They are relying on the government for everything. I know many dear saints who voted for Obama because he promised them a free ride, free everything.  The man kept saying; ‘change’ and what has that brought us? How do you like the change?  The only person that can make a change for the good of man is Jesus Christ. It is sad when Christian people vote for a man because of his skin color and for no other reason. It is sad when a person votes for someone who goes against God’s word. I know that I will get a lot of flak for that statement, but it is the truth! I’m no racist! It is the truth!
We must remember as God’s people we are to rely on Him for our needs. He has supplied mine all the years of my life. Maybe not my wants,  but my needs He has supplied.
There is a famine coming and is about ready to sweep across this land, not only a famine of food, but a spiritual famine. It is already upon us and we must keep the word of God in our hearts. You might get hungry for food, but wait until you get hungry for the word of God and it is not there. The ten commandments and other scriptures are being removed from our court rooms, schools, and other government buildings. Soon it will be our Bibles and churches. Only what we have hid in our heart will we have to meditate on. God Bless all who read this and God Bless America! 

No comments:

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...