Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just Say A Word!

would come and heal his servant. And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying , That he was worthy for whom he should do this:For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself : for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed .For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go , and he goeth ; and to another, Come , and he cometh ;and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard these things, he marveled at him, and turned him about , and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.And they that were sent , returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick .[Luke 7: 2-10]
All Christians believe in God's Word but few will apply all of it to there lives. Some believe in Salvation, some believe in Healing, others don't. Most all Christians believe in the Fruits of the Spirit, but not all believe in the Gifts of the Spirit. Some read the Word of God and get very little meaning out of it while others receive many a blessing from it. That Book, has over the past 34 years has truly blessed my soul and it has helped me through many trails and tribulations. I wonder how many Christians today think like the centurion in the above scripture including myself! I bet not many. We can quote scripture after scripture, but I wonder how many has people have really thought about the true meaning it brings forth. There is a powerful meaning and thought in those verses. “BUT SAY IN A WORD”. What a thought! Now that is really having faith! Does that kind of faith happen today? Yes it does!
I want to share with you a story that really took place some years ago in a small country church. The church was packed out (about a 90 people) this particular night because of a evangelist that was going to speak. I was there that night. I had real bad chest pains, but yet I kept a straight face and told no one, hoping the preaching would soon be over so that I could go to the alter and asked to be anointed and prayed for. Then it happen! As the evangelist walked up the center isle to the pulpit as he passed by my row he turned and looked at me (I was seated in the middle of the row) and he said “ That pain in your chest is gone right now in Jesus name”. Yep he was right that pain was instantly gone. He just said a word and the awful pain was gone! What get faith that evangelist had. I had the faith to be healed and I was waiting to go to the alter to be anointed with oil and prayed for, But The Great Physician did not wait. He used His servant to just speak the word and I was healed. The evangelist had the faith, the same as the centurion's had. What great faith!

1 comment:

JT said...

Oh for the faith of a mustard seed. God Bless You.

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...