Friday, May 27, 2011

I Will Rejoice in The Lord!

Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places.To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. [Habakkuk 3: 17,18,19]

These are some of my favorite verses in the Bible!, Life could not get much worse than what Habakkuk is describing. He is describing a situation where there is no food to eat, either plants or animals. But Habakkuk will still rejoice in the Lord! Even in the worst of times I have the hope of my salvation to rejoice in. What can be better than the fact that I’m no longer going to spend eternity in Hell but instead am going to spend eternity in the presence of God??? You can’t get better than that! When life is hard and I’m feeling down I need to remind myself of the gospel and remind myself that God is good and right ALL the time.Habakkuk, in the face of a massive invasion by the Babylonians, still has faith that God will provide him with the strength to endure it. Even when the plants and animals will perish He has confidence in God to keep his faith alive. Just like the deers were able to run around on the sketchy cliffs, Habakkuk would be able to keep faith during the scary times ahead. As Christians we know that God will always be enough for us. No matter how scary or unsure life gets we can rely on the strength of God, and trust Him to give us the faith we need to endure the hardships of life. So when I am tempted to be scared or anxious about the future or current circumstances I am going to pray to God instead of worrying and trusting in my own strength. He can make “my feet like the deer’s”, He has saved me from sin, and has guided me so far in life, so I will trust in His good, just, and sovereign nature! What a great God we serve!
It really doesn’t matter what we’re going through, what we have to realize is that through everything God is in control
Everything that happens is according to plan, and in the end that plan results in the eternal reward of heaven. 
So, until then, we should have a reliance and faith that God will not let down or desert his chosen ones. He is perfectly faithful.

No comments:

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...