Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Unanswered Prayer

.Suddenly, a hand touched me and raised me to my hands and knees.  He said to me, “Daniel, you are a man treasured by God.Understand the words that I’m  saying to you. Stand on your feet, for I have now been sent to you. After he said this to me, I stood trembling. “Don’t be afraid,Daniel,” he said to me, “ for from the first day that you purposed to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your prayers were heard. I have come because of your prayers. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia opposed me for 21 days. Then Michael  one of the chief princes, came to help me after I have been left there with the kings of Persia. Now I have come to help you ------     [ Daniel 10: 10-14] HCSB Version

Have you, as a Christian and a believer in God's Word, ever prayed for a certain thing and it seemed like your prayer was just bouncing off the ceiling and you wondered if God was ever going to hear you. Did you ever want to say: “God where are you?” Did you ever think that your prayer was never going to be answered? This has been {or is} the case of many Christians today. After reading these scriptures in Daniel we can see why our prayers are sometimes hindered and we think the Lord is not listening or He does not want to answer our prayer. In every case this is not so. We need to consider and think about this prayer of Daniel. He was very close to God and yet it took 21 days for that prayer to be answered. Why?

Prayer is heard in heaven as soon as we have prayed. From the first day our prayers are heard just like Daniel's prayer was heard. If in our prayers we believed God's angel was on his way to us, what consolation and comfort it would give us! In this passage of scripture we have a seldom seen look into the world of angels. We do not just simply face human opposition and hostility, we also must realize that powerful spiritual beings are operating in the heavenly realms. Although this spiritual opponent, in these verses, was powerful enough to delay the answer to Daniel's prayer he could not stop it from being answered, all he could do was delay the angel sent from God. We must remember that, as God's people, we are fighting a spiritual war and we must realize that every time we go to the Lord in Prayer! [Eph 6:10-18]

To many times, when our prayers are not answered right away or when we think it should be answered, some of the religious leaders in our churcheswill tell a person that what we ask for may not be granted or that God will give us what is best for us, or what we might need. I might stand to be corrected, on this statement that I'm about to make, but I have yet to find in God's Word were our Lord does not give us what we pray for as long as it is in the will of the Lord. You say what is the will of God. My answer is read the BOOK! What ever we ask for in prayer God promises to give it to us. [Matt. 7:7-11] Matt 17:20] [Matt 21:21-22] [Mk 11:22-24] [Jn 15:7] I have not seen no where, in the Bible, that God says He might not answer our prayers or He will answer it in a different way.

The Key to answered prayer is FAITH. We must have faith in what the Lord tells us in His Word. We must have faith that our prayers will be answered and they will be answered. It may be night or noon, or it may be tomorrow, but our prayers will be answered. God's word declares that and He can not lie!



No comments:

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...