Tuesday, February 17, 2009

 

Prayer is the Christian's starting place for talking to the Lord, after we have come to know Jesus as our personal Savior, and it is that starting place for our relationship with the Lord that will draw us closer to Him! To have a relationship with the Lord we must be able to talk and commune with Him. Touching Jesus in prayer is one of the greatest blessings for the Christian. I have touched His throne so many times with prayer and my Lord has never let me down! He has always answered me. Not always as I asked but sometimes in a different way which in the end was the best way. Jesus is a way maker. We must put our trust in Him and He will do always do the right thing that is best for us. Not only should we trust Him we should also be persistence in our prayers. We have to have a Holy determination with a purpose in mind. That purpose is to touch the throne of Grace with our petition and have the faith to know God will hear and answer our prayer. What a blessing as a Christian to be able to take our burdens, heartaches, and our troubles to the Lord and leave them there. Through prayer and knowing Jesus we can have peace in the mist of the storm. There will be peace in the valley for you my friend. It is an honor and a privilege to be able to go to our God in prayer. We as Christians have a royal telephone straight to heaven and to the very throne of God.

I love it so much when I pray and my prayers are heard and I come into the very presence of the Lord, when the glory comes down. I might not see him, but I can feel his almighty presence. It is a wonderful feeling to feel the very presence of the Lord. It is a feeling that I cannot and is beyond describing, but I long for over and over again. Earnest prayer can put a person in that very place. Just think how it will be in heaven and to be in His presence. We will be able to talk to him face to face. It will be joy unspeakable. Do not ever forget the gift of prayer.

Bill Patchett

No comments:

In Today's Word What Are You Building?

  In a day of violence and God's impending wrath, what should a man of God be Building? Noah built an ark. In Noah's day, the earth ...